Sunday, May 12, 2013

Curation Tool

In looking through my classmates curation tools, the one that I would like to attempt to implement in the classroom would be...Class Dojo!

I started Class Dojo after Winter Break of this school year and was using it through the 3rd nine weeks of school.  By now things have rapidly fallen apart and the students have even commented, "Hey whatever happened to those monsters?"  The problem I ran into was that it ran up against the current behavior management plan that I was already using in the classroom.  Next year I would like to fully implement Class Dojo as my one and only behavior management system and make that aspect of my instruction completely digital.  I am going to make it a daily open as soon as my computer boots up. 

I want my students to be able to see where they stand compared to their classmates at the start of each class as they complete their bell ringer activity.  I want to set levels for the points and implement a reward system to go along with the points.  Things like using Ipods during study time, use of bean bag chairs, selecting seat in the seating chart, extra hall privileges, and the like.

I love the weekly parent email feature and am now embarrassed that parents have received little to no communication from their little monsters in quite some time.  

2 comments:

  1. I would agree that implementation of things is difficult to keep up. I like the idea that you are going to try to start it again. So many times when something goes by the way side we just leave it there, which is not always the best answer. Good for you in admitting that you let it slide and that you are willing to pick it back up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it will be much simpler if I don't have other classroom management ideas blocking the way.

    ReplyDelete