Sunday, May 5, 2013

Course Application

This will be difficult to narrow down.  I feel like we've had so many new things, in addition to new ways of thinking about old things, that it will be hard to narrow my options.  I think it will be easiest to pinpoint the thing that I will struggle with the most. 

This weeks topic of Authentic Assessment will give me the most trouble.  I love doing projects with the students, but using those as my only form of formative assessment is very scary.  Its radically different than anything I've done in my teaching career.  It's very difficult as a teacher to give up the control of the classroom to the learners.  I feel so hemmed in by the outcome instead of the process of learning.  I know it shouldn't be that way, but I feel that's the present state of our educational system today. 

I will probably be able to utilize the information from the 4th module, New Tools - New Rules the most effectively in my classroom.  I feel like I am very good at taking what I already do and utilizing technology to enhance that.  The SAMR method has also given me a new way to look at the "tech tools" that I use in the classroom and making sure I can use them in a way that truely makes learning the outcome and not just substituting one thing for another.    

No comments:

Post a Comment